Facilitate development in, documentation of, and training of set up and production procedures for Rosenboom manufacturing. Communicate and implement best practices, pursue continuous improvement, and eliminate waste across the organization to ensure our efforts result in the increased throughput and profitability for Rosenboom. Responsibilities include but are not limited to being a member of the Continuous Improvement team, implementing setup time goals, and training and working with employees to achieve goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes average set up baselines;
- Achieves set up reduction goals;
- Implements Continuous Improvement and standard work practices in all areas;
- Documents and communicates success;
- Trains and communicates successes in all areas;
- Works with fabrication, logistics, and material handling managers as needed;
- Aids in developing a lean culture throughout Rosenboom;
- May identify and recommend personnel for training as well as appropriate training modules;
- May train employees;
- Demonstrates understanding of continuous improvement tools, process improvement techniques, and Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM),
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to develop and coach others;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously without daily supervision;
- Communicates (speaks, understands, reads and writes reports using acceptable format and sentence and paragraph structure) in English:
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally in a clear and positive manner;
- Demonstrates ability to generate and maintain accurate and concise written records; and,
- Reads/comprehends safety rules, equipment manuals, job sheets and blueprint notations (English).
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions; and,
- Is a productive member of his/her workgroup and adheres to all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees.
- Knowledge about 5S program and LEAN manufacturing;
- Completion of the LEAN manufacturing training program; and,
- Continuing education, training and/or development opportunities specific to job responsibilities, as required, and/or approved by Rosenboom.
The duties of this job require frequent standing, walking, and sitting in an office environment. The employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move supplies.
The duties of this job require working in a general office environment, with frequent spans of time on the production floor. The working environment is climate controlled. The duties of this job require the understanding and use of Personal Protection Equipment.
- Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee, as assigned by his/her direct manager;
- Become familiar with department and general plant layout;
- Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and/or Friday night or Saturday dayshift hours, as appropriate to regular shift assignment; and,
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions.