Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains, repairs and programs electrical, electronic, and computer controls. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, setting up and operating tools needed for repairing equipment, troubleshooting equipment to diagnose problems, repairing and maintaining equipment as necessary, and testing for correct operation of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains, repairs and programs electrical, electronic, and computer controls;
- Sets up and operates variety of machine tools and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of controls, mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures;
- Observes, listens to, and troubleshoots operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair;
- Studies schematics, blueprints, sketches, machine parts ,or specifications to determine appropriate installations and/or upgrades;
- Repairs or replaces faulty wiring, switches, relays, or controls;
- Dismantles machine or equipment, using hand tools or power tools, to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part;
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part;
- Assembles and test operates machine;
- Assist in all aspects of equipment and/or facilities maintenance as assigned (set-up, preventative maintenance, facilities, etc.);
- Communicate with maintenance department leader and any other personnel assisting in equipment repairs and/or maintenance regarding equipment downtime status and conditions;
- Assume responsibility for completing tasks as assigned.
- On site training specific to job responsibilities; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.