Welds components for hydraulic cylinders, rods, and tubes according to specifications provided. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, fixture setup, tacking and welding components, maintaining quality of weld and components, using computer programs, and required cleaning and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welds components for hydraulic cylinders, rods, and tubes;
- Keeps welding spatter to a minimum, using spat guards and/or prohibitors as appropriate;
- Removes spat with manual or power equipment as necessary;
- Monitors and corrects weld defects (cold lap, porosity, undercut, etc.);
- Enters required information to computer;
- Completes routing sheets according to next required process;
- Directs part overruns to correct location(s);
- Washes all components before welding;
- Completes welding processes according to production standards;
- Sets up tack fixtures according to production standards;
- Performs daily maintenance and clean up;
- Is a productive member of his/her department and adheres to all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities;
- AWS certification as specified by Rosenboom and certain Rosenboom customers;
- Basic setup training of tack fixtures;
- Process and flaw detection monitoring techniques as determined necessary by the workgroup leader and/or department supervisor; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.