Evaluates and makes recommendations specific to integrated production systems for managing industrial production processes including, but not limited to, human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination. All responsibilities of this position are carried out to meet the goals of providing a safe, clean, efficient work environment, as well as cost/production efficiency, and measurably increased product output.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines and documents production processes recognizing variables relating to various product specifications;
- Works with managers and the environmental, health, and safety coordinator to identify and coordinate environmental, health, and safety initiatives;
- Works with managers regarding engineering matters specific to manufacturing methods and process improvement;
- Works with managers regarding matters specific to cell/department layout, facilities, and/or equipment design;
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff, equipment and facility utilization;
- Recommends methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities;
- Plans and establishes sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts/products and to promote efficient utilization of resources;
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and all other related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities;
- Studies operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities;
- Communicates with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards;
- Estimates production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control;
- Secures price quotes within the scope of all of the above and submits them as appropriate for management approval;
- Manages prototype and pre-production preparation;
- May schedule and/or chair prototype meetings;
- Populates and manages tool room work list as appropriate to essential job responsibilities;
- Evaluates and submits product improvement requests (engineering change requests);
- Performs related duties as assigned, or as the situation dictates;
- Is a productive member of the Rosenboom team and adheres to, promotes and enforces all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents in English:
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally in a clear and positive manner;
- Demonstrates ability to generate and maintain accurate and concise written records, as
appropriate to job assignment;
- Use of mathematics to solve problems;
- Demonstrate ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job;
- Demonstrates and understands the implications of new information for both current and future
problem-solving and decision-making;
- Demonstrates, or has the ability to obtain a working knowledge Microsoft Office and Vantage
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,
asks questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times;
- Manages time effectively;
- Determine causes of operating errors and decide what is needed to correct the problem;
- Interpret of mechanical drawings and blue prints;
- Demonstrates knowledge of numbers, their operation and interrelationships, including arithmetic,
algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications;
- Reads and interprets prints and schematics drawn according to ANSI Y14.5 guidelines;
- Recognizing problems prior to a failure;
- Identify the correct mathematical methods or formulas to solve problems;
- Concentrate on tasks over periods of time without being distracted;
- Applies principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions. Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
- Deals concurrently with several abstract and or concrete variables;
- Demonstrates knowledge of production/processing inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality
control, costs and techniques for maximizing product manufacture;
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and
organization planning, coordination, and execution including strategic planning, resource allocation,
leadership techniques, and production methods;
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools, and instruments involved
in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models;
- Generates different approaches to solving problems and uses logic and analysis to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of those approaches;
- Generates solutions, evaluates the likelihood of their success, and weighs the relatives costs and
benefits of potential actions;
- Manages change and encourages other personnel to accept and take ownership for the
implementation of change;
- Mechanical aptitude, including the ability to gain a basic understanding of the various types of
equipment/tools used in the machining process;
- Demonstrates commitment to the realization of company goals;
- Demonstrates commitment to working in a team setting;
- Demonstrates interest and desire to broaden personal skill level to the degree necessary to provide
professional expertise in all matters relating to the goal of this position; and
Maintains technical communication with appropriate Rosenboom personnel.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, and/or twist.
- The duties of this job require lifting and/or moving of up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is required to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, to see details at a close range, with the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an environment with high voltage equipment.
- The employee is exposed to hazardous equipment, as well as sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- The duties of this job require working indoors in an uncontrolled climate.
- Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and/or Friday night or Saturday dayshift hours, as appropriate to regular shift assignment;
- Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee, as assigned by his/her direct manager;
- Employee is expected to become familiar with work area and general plant layout;
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products and continuous
quality improvement is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions; and,
- Employee is expected to become familiar with and use all required personnel protection equipment.