High school diploma or GED, preferred; and,
Three to six months of relative experience and/or training, preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely sets up, operates and/or tends manufacturing equipment to meet established product quality and productivity expectations. Tends one or more machine tools, special-purpose equipment, or industrial robots to coat metal work pieces to specifications on production basis. Machine operation includes, but is not limited to observing gauges to ensure that machines are operating properly and making appropriate adjustments or stopping machines when problems occur;
- Runs work orders in assigned sequence, deviating from assigned sequence only with the permission or direction of the shift supervisor or work area lead;
- Records productivity information throughout the course of the shift, as per Rosenboom expectations. Notifies the shift supervisor or work area lead when productivity drops below established expectations;
- Reports equipment concerns, submits written maintenance work orders as necessary and appropriate; follows up to verify that issues are properly addressed;
- Participates in Continuous Improvement, Quality Assurance, or any other such workplace initiatives as directed;
- Reads and adheres to blueprints or job orders;
- Identifies (including nonconforming dimensions), separates and properly tags all nonconforming parts;
- Produces parts at a rate which meets or exceeds accepted production standards;
- Performs accurate and timely 1st part inspections, as well as any other inspections required by the print/job sheet, the department lead and/or supervisor, the quality assurance manager, or a manager using specified equipment and/or processes to verify conformation to specifications and quality of product;
- Fills out NCR tags and notifies supervisor and/or lead when product or process requirements are not being met or when there is concern that such requirements are not being met;
- Verifies that the disposition of defective material is properly performed in an acceptable, timely manner;
- Performs secondary operations and inspections as cycle time permits;
- Counts finished parts and packs them according to company determined specifications;
- Enters required data into computer;
- Keeps equipment in good operating condition;
- May assume general labor responsibilities, other than machine operation, as assigned;
- Practices good work habits including, but not limited to, being productive and efficient, staying busy by seeing work, being dependable, clean, and organized in work area; habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions; and, is a productive member of his/her work group and adheres to all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures and maintaining a clean organized work area, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees.
- Machine set-up and operation training;
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities;
- Process and defect monitoring techniques as determined necessary by management personnel; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.