Drives 2015 or newer Kenworth T680 trucks with Roll-Tarp Trailers to specified destinations. Averages 2-3 nights a week away from home on average.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives truck to the assigned destinations;
- Represents Rosenboom in a professional manner at all times;
- Will pass the DOT required physical (biannually) and carry a current medical certificate with them at all times while driving;
- Will be required to maintain a log book and to turn it in a minimum of once a month;
- Must maintain a valid Class “A” CDL drivers license
- Must pass all local, federal and state requirements as well as DOT required physical
- Able to apply common sense understanding to basic work processes. Capable of carrying out detailed written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Can deal with problems involving several concrete job specific variables.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides all units of measure
- Communicates (speaks and understands) in English
- Can read/comprehend safety rules, equipment manuals, and job sheets (English)
- Will be required to assist in loading/unloading of shipment;
- Will be required to tarp shipment , if required;
- Will be able to follow schedule and shipment reports;
- Verify accuracy shipping notices for items received and/or shipped;
- Will be required to adhere to all local, state and federal safety rules;
- Is a productive member of his/her department and adheres to all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions.
- On site training specific to job responsibilities;
- Forklift operator training as provided by Rosenboom upon employment; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.
The duties of this job require lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to bend, twist, stand, and move throughout the department and facility. The duties of this job require the ascending and descending of ladders and steps. The employee will also be required to frequently push/ pull carts with product.
The duties of this job require the employee to work in an environment of moving equipment. The employee is required to work indoors in an uncontrolled climate. The duties of this job require the exposure to hazardous equipment, contaminants, and noise levels that may be distracting.
- Become familiar with department and general plant layout;
- Employee is responsible to the workgroup leader and/or department supervisor;
- Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee, as assigned by his/her workgroup leader and/or department supervisor;
- Employee must be available to work the hours required to meet the demands of the shipping schedule;
- Employee may be required to work in the shop, as assigned by his/her workgroup leader and/or department supervisor; and,
- Employee must adhere to all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures.