Oversee all paint-related tasks. Coordinate the daily activities, schedules of paint line employees and maximum utilization of equipment. Represent Rosenboom, work with management, and/or supervisory personnel and team members, demonstrating a commitment to growth and achievement, overseeing quality of paint line product accordingly with customer specifications and equipment capabilities, and coordinate all paint process improvements. The ideal candidate will reduce the overhead of supplies while increasing throughput through the paint process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides daily and consistent leadership in the promotion and realization of company goals;
- Coordinate painting schedule for outgoing orders and adjust as necessary;
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, and skill of personnel;
- Ensure appropriate coatings are prepared according to formulas, using proper procedures by paint team;
- Ensure coating application standards (such as primer, paint, curing, repair, etc.) are followed according to quality standards;
- Monitor employees’ work levels;
- Represents Rosenboom in the interpretation and application of Rosenboom policy;
- Develop, implement, and evaluate routine maintenance procedures on all paint equipment;
- Responsible for keeping work area, clean, safe and organized;
- Conduct or arrange for employee training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use;
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employees safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspect finished work to meet Rosenboom standards;
- Develop paint department employees to successfully apply coatings to specifications and quality standards;
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts;
- Meet with internal and external vendors and suppliers to discuss products used in repair work
- Improve throughput of the department while keeping quality first;
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements on ventilation, PPE, contaminants, and hazardous materials, at a minimum
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions.
The duties of this job require lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to bend, twist, stand, and move throughout the department and facility. The duties of this job require the ascending and descending of ladders and steps. The employee will also be required to frequently push/ pull carts with product.
The duties of this job require the employee to work in an environment of moving equipment. The employee is required to work indoors in a semi-controlled climate. The duties of this job require the exposure to hazardous equipment, contaminants, and sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- 3-5 years of Paint Supervisory Experience; must be in a paint area setting;
- Have a sound understanding of maintenance of Electrostatic Spray System is a plus, specific knowledge of epoxy, water base, standard 2 stage w/hardener;
- Understanding of viscosity of paint and how its measured;
- Understanding of pretreatment;
- Measurement of paint thickness, flash time, convection oven temps;
- Knowledge of paint production processes;
- Ability to lead and work with others;
- Effective communication and organizational skills;
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.