Full-time student, majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Mechanical Drafting, or related field, from an accredited educational institution;
Basic knowledge of solid modeling (Creo® preferred);
Completion of the first semester of a diploma program, or first year of a degree program; and,
Minimum GPA of 2.8 in their respective educational program.
This position provides qualified students with hands-on experience and training in day-to-day operations of a product engineering group while working collaboratively with the product development team (design, manufacturing, purchasing, and quality). Job responsibilities and duties reflect the intern’s qualifications and the Product Engineering department needs.
- Works closely with senior product designers and engineers for completion of all necessary design documentation;
- Assists in creating 3-D solid models, creating 2-D drawings from 3-D solid models.
- Assists in the development and release of engineering changes that result in incremental improvements to current products thereby improving internal and external customer satisfaction and/ or manufacturability;
- Planning for the changes, executing model and drawing revisions; and coordinating reviews, approvals, and release with the product development team;
- Using Creo® and Windchill® software to complete the changes;
- Assists in the redrawing of production drawings of existing standard products to meet evolving production requirements;
- Assists in research and development (R&D) activities, including test setups, observations and documentation of test activities, and general housekeeping responsibilities;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Is a productive member of his/her department and adheres to, promotes and enforces all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a basic understanding of CNC machining, manual and robotic welding, flame-cutting, casting, forging, and general fabrication processes;
- Demonstrates the ability to develop knowledge of the application of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T) as it relates to Rosenboom parts and assemblies;
- Ability to use computer aided design (CAD) and Microsoft Office tools;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and collaborate with diverse personalities while remaining tactful, professional and flexible;
- Demonstrates initiative and a sense of ownership by learning to be self-sufficient and knowing when to ask questions;
- Willingness to take on challenges and responsibilities and the ability to work through problems and suggest workable solutions;
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines;
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity;
- Communicates (speaks, understands and writes reports using acceptable format and sentence and paragraph structure) in English:
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally in a clear and positive manner;
- Demonstrates ability to generate and maintain accurate and concise written records;
- Maintains a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization, and demonstrates commitment to the realization of company goals; and,
- Demonstrates interest and desire to broaden personal skill level to the degree necessary to provide knowledge in all matters relating to the engineering department.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be required to stand frequently and potentially lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this internship, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet but may be moderate when in the production area. The employee will occasionally be exposed to hazardous equipment with high voltage. The job requires working indoors in a controlled and uncontrolled climate. The duties of this job require the familiar use of all required personnel protection equipment.
- Attend weekly check-in meetings with mentor and managers;
- Thoroughly checks work for accuracy and maintains appropriate project documentation;
- Meets all schedules, developed by management, for assigned projects;
- Available a minimum of 10-12 weeks during the summer. Full- and part-time semester and academic year opportunities available.
- Intern is expected to work the agreed-upon weekly hours. Hours are to be determined at the start of each term through discussion and consensus with supervisor and HR representative;
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products, and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions;
- Manages time and work effectively with limited supervision;
- Intern is expected to become familiar with work area and general plant layout; and,
- Being responsible in matters of confidentiality and adhering to all Rosenboom policies is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions.