High School Diploma or GED, preferred and;
A student pursuing a relevant undergraduate degree from an accredited educational institution; and,
Minimum GPA of 3.0 in their respective education program.
This position works with the members of Rosenboom’s purchasing group, vendors and internal customers to purchase raw and semi-finished materials at a competitive price.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracks data effectively;
- Maintains accurate records;
- Analyzes price proposals efficiently;
- Monitors vendor performance and seeks out continuous improvement;
- Handles production material requirements and change requests;
- Participates in matters specific to inventory;
- Operates alongside the Purchasing Department;
- Seeks out opportunities within the department for improvement;
- Is a productive member of his/her department and adheres to, promotes and enforces all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom internship positions.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting;
- Demonstrates strong commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines;
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity;
- Communicates (speaks , understands and writes using acceptable format and sentence and paragraph structure) in English:
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally in a clear and positive manner;
- Demonstrates ability to generate and maintain accurate and concise written records;
- Maintains a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization, and demonstrates commitment to the realization of company goals, and;
- Demonstrates interest and desire to broaden personal skill level to the degree necessary to provide knowledge in all matters relating to the purchasing department.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be subject to stand frequently and sit for long periods of time;
- While performing the duties of this internship, the team member may be exposed to moving mechanical parts;
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet but may be moderate when in production area;
- Attend check-in meetings as scheduled with direct supervisor;
- Thoroughly checks work for accuracy and maintains appropriate documentation of workflow and projects assigned;
- Intern is expected to work the agreed-upon weekly hours. Hours are to be determined at the start of each term through discussion and consensus with supervisor and HR representative;
- Manages time and work effectively with limited supervision;
- Intern is expected to become familiar with work area and general plant layout; and,
- Being responsible in matters of confidentiality and adhering to all Rosenboom policies is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions.