Responsibilities include but are not limited to: testing parts, machines, assemblies, and finished product, comparing results of the test to the product or machine specification, determining cause of unit failure, and communicates with others about rework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies conformance of machined parts, workpieces, tools, machines, assemblies, and finished products to specifications required in accordance with inspection procedures to ensure unit conforms to specifications or to determine the cause of unit failure.
- May verify conformance of finished workpiece to specifications and in accordance with inspection procedures via first and last part piece inspections and enters required data into computer;
- Reads test schedules, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, blueprints and schematics to determine testing procedures and equipment to be used;
- May perform a variety of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical tests on materials, parts and assemblies to ensure unit conforms to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure;
- May test functional performance of systems, subassemblies/assemblies, under specified conditions and according to predetermined standards;
- May communicate with customers about part requirements and/ or to resolve quality issues;
- Practices good work habits including, but not limited to, being productive and efficient, staying busy by seeing work, being dependable, clean and organized in work area.
- On site training specific to job responsibilities;
- Process and flaw detection monitoring techniques as determined necessary by the department supervisor; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.