Performs sourcing activities within assigned categories to optimize quality, delivery, service, and total cost.
Primary job responsibilities
- Owns the end to end sourcing process for assigned commodities;
- Analyzes spend and market conditions; identifies new suppliers and improvement opportunities;
gathers requirements from internal departments, conducts RFx events, supplier evaluations, and
makes sourcing recommendations; negotiates contracts, contract modifications, renewals, and
ensures contract compliance; measures and reports on supplier performance; documents sourcing
- Conducts sourcing activities with overseas office and overseas/domestic suppliers, including
component identification for outsourcing, part development and transition, supplier evaluation and
- Develops a strategic inventory plan to minimize inventory and obsolescence.
- Works with 3rd party freight forwarder to expedite and track inbound products.
- Coordinates the transition and disposition of parts changing to or from foreign sources.
- Negotiates agreements for products or services;
- Interfaces with engineering, quality control, customer service and other departments to define user
needs, deliver product to specification, measure department performance, and report results;
- Conducts supplier visits on behalf of Rosenboom. Works to develop understanding of how suppliers
work, keep suppliers accountable to commitments, develop supplier capabilities, and drive supplier
improvements in a collaborative approach;
- Assists with the new product development process ;
- Drives results in annual cost reduction plan and works to mitigate negative cost impacts;
- Conducts administrative tasks for commodity areas, including price list management, A/P invoice
reconciliation, visit documentation, and ERP system maintenance;
- Travel required: international travel on a limited annual basis primarily to China is a job requirement
as is travel to Rosenboom’s United States facilities and existing and potential vendors and customers.
- Is a productive member of his/her department and adheres to, promotes and enforces all Rosenboom
policies, including safety requirements/procedures, in order to ensure a safe working environment for
all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job
- At least 3 years of work experience in a sourcing role.
- Independent and collaborative working style
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management tools (MRP, Inventory analysis, cost analysis, part or supplier profiles, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, including overseas.
- Experience with supplier quality management a plus
- Experience sourcing machined, forged or cast components a plus
- Experience with overseas sourcing a plus
- Steel industry experience a plus