Performs sourcing activities within assigned categories to optimize quality, delivery, service, and total cost.
- Owns the end to end sourcing process for assigned commodities.
- Analyzes spend and market conditions; identifies new suppliers and improvement opportunities; gathers requirements from internal departments, conducts RFX events, supplier evaluations, and makes sourcing recommendations; negotiates contracts, contract modifications, renewals, and ensures contract compliance; measures and reports on supplier performance; documents sourcing process.
- Conducts sourcing activities with overseas office and overseas/domestic suppliers, including component identification for outsourcing, part development and transition, supplier evaluation and management, schedule
- Develops a strategic inventory plan to minimize inventory and obsolescence.
- Works with 3rd party freight forwarder to expedite and track inbound products.
- Coordinates the transition and disposition of parts changing to or from foreign sources.
- Interfaces with engineering, quality control, customer service and other departments to define user needs, deliver product to specification, measure department performance, and report results
- Conducts supplier visits on behalf of Rosenboom. Works to develop understanding of how suppliers work, keep suppliers accountable to commitments, develop supplier capabilities, and drive supplier improvements in a collaborative approach
- Assists with the new product development process
- Drives results in annual cost reduction plan and works to mitigate negative cost impacts
- Conducts administrative tasks for commodity areas, including price list management, A/P invoice reconciliation, visit documentation, and ERP system maintenance
- At least 3 years of work experience in a sourcing role.
- Independent and collaborative working style
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management tools (MRP, Inventory analysis, cost analysis, part or supplier profiles, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, including overseas.
- Experience with supplier quality management a plus
- Experience sourcing machined, forged or cast components a plus
- Experience with overseas sourcing a plus
- Steel industry experience a plus