The Training and Development Coordinator carries out the administrative, operational, and strategic roles of the Training department. Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, analyzing and determining training and development needs, coordinating required training and development opportunities, developing training and development materials, evaluating program effectiveness, recommending improvements, and training employees. The Training and development Coordinator oversees all training and development activities in both Iowa facilities, including supervising all activities of the Manufacturing Training Specialists.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Possesses a foundational knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Understands production processes and the effective manufacture and distribution of goods;
- Understanding of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, employee retention, and personnel information systems;
- Understanding of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; and learning and motivation theory;
- Demonstrates a foundational knowledge of government regulations and agency rules relative to the manufacturing process;
- Communicates (speaks, understands and writes using acceptable format and sentence and paragraph structure) in English;
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally in a clear and positive manner;
- Demonstrates ability to generate and maintain accurate and concise written records;
- Demonstrates ability to actively listen to other employees;
- Is honest, fair, tactful, and consistent in dealing with other employees;
- Maintains self-control and patience while dealing with employees and in stressing situations;
- Is proactive and able to project how decisions and trends may affect the organization; and,
- Has the ability to keep information confidential.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leads Rosenboom’s training and development program through training and development activities including, but not limited to:
- Analyzing training and development needs;
- Planning, developing, and providing training and development programs;
- Conducting orientation sessions and arranging on-the-job training for new hires;
- Developing and organizing training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials;
- Developing testing and evaluation procedures;
- Evaluating instructor performance and the effectiveness of training and development programs, providing recommendations for improvement;
- Training instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees;
- Coordinating established modals with technical and professional courses provided by outside providers;
- Supervises Manufacturing Training Specialists
- Assists in contributing to positive employer (management)/employee relations thereby promoting employee success and the realization of Rosenboom goals by:
- Collecting and analyzing data specific to job analysis, developing and maintaining job descriptions and employee performance appraisals;
- Collecting and analyzing data specific to employee retention;
- Assisting in the development, communication and implementation of policy;
- Assisting in disciplinary actions as needed;
- Assists in researching, developing, implementing, maintaining and/or overseeing policy as it relates to Rosenboom’s needs and procedures and in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations;
- Participates in the maintenance of records relating to all human resource activities using required methods of documentation including ISO, Affirmative Action, etc.;
- Promotes employee understanding of compensation program and policies including but not limited to FMLA and Workers Compensation;
- May administer special compensation projects;
- May provide training and/or development council to other Rosenboom facilities;
- Operates as a member of the Rosenboom Human Resources department and thereby may be assigned additional human resources tasks;
- Practices good work habits including, but not limited to, being productive and efficient, staying busy by seeking work, being dependable, clean and organized in work area;
- Represents Rosenboom at work and in the community and whenever in contact with individuals outside of the company by speaking positively of Rosenboom. and its associates;
- Is a productive member of the organization, is responsible in matters of confidentiality and adheres to all Rosenboom policies;
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see details at a close range, with the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work within a general office setting.
- Travel between Rosenboom’s Iowa facilities is required; minimal additional required
- Employee is responsible to the Director of Human Resources;
- Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee, as assigned by his/her department supervisor;
- Become familiar with department and general plant layout;
- Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and/or Saturday hours; and,
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all Rosenboom positions.