Oversees the daily functions of Shipping/Receiving and Paintline operations. Work to assure complete and on-time delivery to all Rosenboom customers. Supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in incoming and outgoing shipments and warehouse and inventory activities. Ensure inventory and electronic accuracy. Is responsible for maintaining the proper priority charts and scheduling for Paintline functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the work activities of employees engaged in any aspect of the shipping, receiving, and warehouse departments;
- Studies production and shipping schedules to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet customer deadlines;
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments;
- Coordinates and prioritizes work load for the material handlers to ensure timely moves and transactions;
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures;
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of direct reports;
- Uses appropriate computer manufacturing and customer software to track and issue information regarding the location, quantity and status of materials and components;
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of inventory;
- Recommends or initiates plans to motivate department employees to achieve work goals;
- Assumes responsibility for the documentation of the additions or revisions to department process and procedure documents;
- Inspects loading operations to ensure safety and compliance with shipping specifications;
- Interprets and communicates company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations;
- Ensures material handling equipment is not defective or unsafe and notifies maintenance personnel with any concerns.
- Advises Human Resources in matters specific to the maintenance of the personnel and/or medical records of employees whose responsibilities require a CDL;
- May train employees on policies and procedures;
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager;
- Directly supervises employees in the Shipping, Receiving & Warehouse Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems;
- Is a productive member of his/her workgroup and adheres to all Rosenboom policies, including safety requirements/procedures and maintaining a clean organized work area, in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Rosenboom employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Rosenboom job positions.
- Identifies and resolves work related problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Generates creative solutions to own and others’ issues;
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others;
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Consistently meets internal and external commitments;
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things;
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Regularly communicates with direct reports;
- Able to read and interpret written information; Communicates professionally by written and electronic means;
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
- Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results;
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others;
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes oneself available to direct reports on all shifts; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops direct reports’ skills and encourages growth;
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values;
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values;
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Makes timely decisions; Completes work in timely manner;
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks;
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Takes responsibility for own actions;
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; Demands employees work and operate in a safe manner;
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events;
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, in English; the ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, suppliers, and other employees of the organization, in English;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have or be able to learn basic operation of Vantage inventory and manufacturing software and Microsoft Office applications; and,
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities; and,
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Rosenboom.
The duties of this job require lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to bend, twist, stand, and move throughout the department and facility. The duties of this job require the ascending and descending of ladders and steps. The employee will also be required to frequently push/ pull carts with product.
The duties of this job require the employee to work in an environment of moving equipment. The employee is required to work indoors in an uncontrolled climate. The duties of this job require the exposure to hazardous equipment, contaminants, and sounds and noise levels that may be distracting.
- Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee, as assigned by his/her direct manager;
- Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of overtime, when necessary; and,
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all Rosenboom policies.